Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning? This may be due to not having quality sleep at night. If you can’t sleep soundly, you won’t have any energy for the next day. That is why you feel tired even if you got in to bed early last night. Not being able to have quality sleep at night can affect your health that is why it is important for you to make sure that you get some.
read how to clean memory foam mattress Here are a few things you should do to sleep better at night.
• One of the things that can prevent you from sleeping soundly is the temperature in your room. A room that is too hot or too cold for you can make you struggle to go to sleep because you are not comfortable. It is advised to keep the temperature at 65-72 degrees Fahrenheit to achieve that peaceful sleep. If it is already winter time, you can add extra blankets to keep you warm while a fan can help cool the room down during summer.
• A bedtime routine will help set your body and mind into getting ready for sleep. When you make it a habit to sleep at a certain time, your body can keep a memory of it and it would be easier for you to go to sleep.
• Calm down and think about happy things when you are in bed. The more relax you are, the easier for your body to sleep. Some people can’t sleep easily because they always take a look at the clock and calculate how much sleep they are to get when they fall asleep now. All this calculations is keeping your head busy that it can’t relax. Counting sheep or your breath is a great way to relax and fall asleep.
• Make your bed more comfortable. If you lie in bed and the springs are poking you, it is highly possible that you won’t sleep soundly. You can change your mattress or simply add a mattress topper to make it more comfortable. Don’t for get to consider memory foam mattress topper reviews before purchasing one so you can get the best mattress topper for your money.
• Check your pillows too. Your pillows may also be too stiff or too soft that it leaves you uncomfortable at night. Change your pillows or add another one to help keep your body supported and comfortable.
• When you didn’t have enough sleep last night, it could be very tempting for you to take naps on the next day. Taking 15 minute naps is okay because it boosts your energy but taking longer naps will just prevent you from sleeping soundly at night. Also prevent taking a nap late in the afternoon.
• Be mindful of what you eat. You should not only avoid coffee and tea because they contain caffeine but there are also other foods that you should avoid within 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. These foods can keep you awake and the list includes dark chocolates, alcohol, spicy foods, tomatoes, meat, and many others.